OPL – An off the shelf Operator chair, uniquely styled to suit.
Let’s start by gathering information. Tell us what you want and where you want it. Alu Design has an impressive reference list of ROV seating solutions supplied to clients we all recognise. Everything is possible.
Designers with many years’ experience working in ROV, Offshore and similar environments, are most impressed to learn that with just a few inexpensive bespoke tweaks, the off the shelf OPL command centre chair becomes as dynamic and unique as the clients that use them.
OPL command centre operator chairs from Alu Design are incredibly stylish with a high quality build specification. A genuine leather or optional part leather / part alacantara upholstered chair is available with the same luxury deep seated cushion that we see in the 600 and 600-5 marine skipper seat.
The pedestal provides a sitting height that can be pneumatically adjusted to suit the operator and also features seat rotation that can be locked in any position. For a sitting height 500mm and above, the OPL comes with a footrest also having height adjustment and flip up functionality.
From a choice of four seat back styles, clients will admire the OP and S5 options. Each having a beautifully styled, futuristic A-frame profile which allows the operator to turn and look over their shoulder. The OP seat back sees the upholstery wrap around the seat back to provide a high quality stitched finish. The NEW S5 hardback takes the breath away. A moulded gloss hard shell that takes the aesthetics of the OPL into the next century.
Clients take control of the seat design from an off the shelf, beautifully created ergonomic armrest design. These feature a large flat top plate that can accommodate whatever cut-outs the client needs to mount their own equipment, in a layout to suit their needs. From critical control equipment to minor but much appreciated features such as a coffee cup holder, the OPL has it all. Cables are discreetly routed through the arms, under the seat cushion and down the pedestal
- Full leather or part leather / part Alcantara upholstered seat
- Embroidered logo (free of charge)
- Backrest with angle adjustment
- Pneumatic lumbar support
- Armrest design with flat top plates allowing integration of clients selection of equipment.
- Sitting height adjustment
- Seat rotation with locking
- Footrest that rotates with the chair and also with flip up feature and height adjustment
- Buttons, throttles, switches, joysticks, trackballs. Clients are encouraged to tell us what they want and where they want it on the armrests.
- Monitor brackets (VESA or other), coffee cup holders or anything our clients imagine. We encourage clients to tell us what they want, however bold the ambition.
- XLR connections for gooseneck microphones can be added in the shoulder of the operator chair
- Cable routing carried out in house with pre-supply by Alu Design.
- Surface or flush fitted deck rails either manually or electrically operated.
- Bespoke upholstery or corporate colour S5 hard shell back with logo.
- Mounted direcctly to the control room deck or on an Alu deck rail.