RECARO Northsea HSC
Comfort, safety and durability with HSC2000 certificate
HSC2000 TEST PROCEDURE
Often referred to as a “crash test” the HSC2000 Code Annex 10 test accelerates the test-seat with Hybrid Dummy to replicate a 12g collision. Measurements are taken from sensors on the dummy, not on the seat. Data from the test is analyzed and measurements must fall within agreed parameters determined by the IMO
Nothing quite matches the comfort and safety of a RECARO. For all owners and operators of SAR vessels, high speed ferries & Offshore Windfarm Vessels. Life expectancy from the Northsea HSC seat and suspension is 15+ years.
Undoubtedly, the most popular seat amongst the RECARO range. Unmistakeably RECARO in its design and styling, the Northsea is a beautifully designed stylish, racing style sports seat. The Northsea is approved for use on high speed craft and is certified by the HSC 2000 code (annex 10). The Recaro Northsea has an integrated headrest, with or without seatbelt holes for a 4-point belt. The backrest is styled to provide maximum comfort and protection in any conditions, over an extended period. The RECARO Northsea is an extremely aesthetically pleasing seat that is uniquely available in loose, wrinkled leather or smooth leather. The angle of the backrest can be adjusted manually from either side of the seat, to suit the user’s preference. The Northsea is also supplied as standard with pneumatic lumbar support. The seat cushion, as with all RECARO seats, provides comfort and support over long shifts. In keeping with its sporty design, the Northsea has raised thigh support bolster cushions for added comfort and stability. As standard, the Northsea comes with thigh extension support.
RECARO armrests are supplied as standard. Armrests have a tip-up feature through 90 degrees to allow easier access in to and out of the chair. The angle of the armrest can be adjusted to suit the individual user.
- HSC 2000 Code (Annex 10) tested and approved
- Integrated headrest with or without 4-point safety harness holes.
- Backrest with angle adjustment
- Moulded lateral support cushions
- Raised thigh support side cushions
- Thigh support seat extension piece
- Pneumatic lumbar support (leather model)
- Wrinkled or taught leather hide
- Tip-up armrests through 90 degrees
- Armrests with angle adjustment
The RECARO Maritime Northsea is the best selling
seat in the RECARO Maritime range, offering
unequaled levels of comfort.
The Northsea is HSC tested and approved when
fitted with a 4-point belt.
The RECARO Northsea is available in hard wearing RECARO fabric or genuine black RECARO leather as standard options. Other options include, a range of colours from the RECARO leather swatch or the clients’ own material supplied.
- Available in hard wearing RECARO fabric or genuine black leather.
- 4-point safety harness for high speed craft
- Client supplied leather or fabric
- Thigh support extension for taller users
- Pneumatic lumbar support
Options (under the seat)
As with all RECARO models, the Northsea can be supplied with a range of accessories to suit the client’s needs;
- RECARO seat slide
- Rotation plate
- Height adjustable commercial footrest with flip-up feature
- Polished stainless-steel footrest with choice of matching footplate inserts.
- Fixed height pedestal
- Pedestal with hydraulic height adjustment (manual adjustment)
- Pedestal with electric height adjustment. (control panel built in to the side of the seat cushion)
- 12V or 24V Marine grade electric suspension unit
- Mounting bracket for armrest accessories.
- Electric deck rail up to 6m long suitable for surface or flush mounting
- Manual deck rail
- Five feet office style pedestal
- Can be supplied as a seat only for retro fitting on an existing (another brand) pedestal
Available in hard wearing RECARO fabric or black leather as standard.
HSC 2000 code (annex 10) tested and approved
Available with 2 or 4 point belt options
Adjustable backrest angle (manual)
Tip-up armrests with covers as standard
Seat cushion extension for individually-adjustable thigh support
Lumbar support cushion (leather option)
Mounting bracket for joystick or mouse pad.
Choice from the range of RECARO leathers
Clients own upholstery
RECARO seat slide for forward and back adjustment
Providing the best seating solutions for professional High Speed Craft users since 2005
Crown Marine Seats
Unit 22, Southgate Business Park
Heywood, OL10 1PW
Open Everyday 9am-5pm